HOW FAR WILL YOU GO
4th Annual 4 Miles 4 Water Saturday, May 6th, 2017
Presented in Partnership with the Greater Cleveland Aquarium
Join us for our 4th 4 Miles 4 Water! In order to preserve our fresh water resources and have a positive impact on the global water crisis, we must create more awareness and reconnect people with the fresh water resources in our own backyard. All of which can be achieved through 4 Miles 4 Water!
On Saturday, May 6th, 2017, 4 Miles 4 Water will take place at a new venue and at a new time! The Greater Cleveland Aquarium and Jacobs Nautica Pavilion waterfront will host this educational and recreational event. Enjoy views of downtown Cleveland and the Cuyahoga River waterfront during the festival, run and walk!
In 2014, Drink Local. Drink Tap., Inc. hosted our first 4 Miles 4 Water event in partnership with Cleveland Metroparks and Pure Water Technology. Over 1500 people joined us at Edgewater Park to run, walk, make friends and break a Guinness World Record! The day began with 508 people walking with a water bottle on their head to break the record previously set. This was followed by a 4-mile fun run/walk, where many participants ran the last mile carrying jerrycans full of water. The event included water education stations, food trucks crowd, and an evening concert featuring Carlos Jones and The Plus Band. We had a great time raising over $60,000 for Drink Local. Drink Tap., Inc.’s programs. Since then, we have raised over $200,000 and engaged a few thousand people at 4 Miles 4 Water- thank you!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What’s the agenda?
A: Stay tuned for details of this event which will take place 8am-1:30pm!
Q. When does race registration open?
A. Fall 2016
Q. Where does my registration fee go?
A. Thanks to our sponsors, 100% of your registration fee goes to Drink Local. Drink Tap., Inc.
Q. What is the ‘All Things Water Festival’ and is it free?
A. The All Things Water Festival is a fun, interactive, family friendly festival where you can learn about water is fun ways and become a Hydro Hero. Yes, it’s free.
Q. Can I attend the All Things Water Festival or concert even if I am not participating in the run/walk?
A. Yes! There is a suggested $10 donation to support Drink Local. Drink Tap. Inc.
Q. What time is the beer garden open?
Q. Where is parking?
A. Coming soon! You can also park your bike, ride the Cleveland metro parks’ Water Taxi from the Flats East Bank, or kayak to 4 Miles 4 Water!
Q. Are dogs and baby strollers allowed?
A. Yes. Friendly dogs on leashes and strollers are allowed in both the race and festival. We will have poo bags and water available for your pets.
Presented in Partnership With
2017 Official Craft Beer Sponsor
2017 Official Wine Sponsor
Fun Facts about the event:
- We are ZERO WASTE and aim to have less than ONE garbage bag of trash; everything will be reduced, reused, recycled or composted.
- Virtual SWAG – To reduce waste, we will provide virtual swag “bags” for participants.
- NO RACE SHIRTS – Since it takes about 700 gallons of water to make 1 cotton shirt, registered participants get a Stainless Steel water bottle.
- EDUCATIONAL components such as: educational stations, educational signage, water and sustainability focused vendor booths, and hands on activities (like the end of the race optional Jerrycan or water container carry) will teach everyone more about water everywhere.
- AWARDS will be given for the biggest fundraisers, jerrycan carriers and fastest race times. Note: there will not be time chips, only clocks.