HOW FAR WILL YOU GO
2nd Annual 4 Miles 4 Water Event Saturday, May 9th 2015
RUN! WALK! BREAK A RECORD!
We invite you to be a sponsor, a race participant (team or individual) fundraiser, or volunteer.
Our second event at Edgewater Park in Cleveland, Ohio will be more innovative, providing hands-on educational opportunities, and FUN! To preserve our fresh water resources and have a positive impact on the global water crisis, we must create more awareness and reconnect people with the fresh water resources in our own backyard, all of which can be achieved through 4 Miles 4 Water.
In 2014, Drink Local. Drink Tap., Inc. hosted our first 4 Miles 4 Water event in partnership with Cleveland Metro parks and Pure Water Technology. Over 1500 people joined us at Edgewater Park to run, walk, make friends and break a Guinness World Record! The day began with 508 people walking with a water bottle on their head to break the record previously set. This was followed by a 4-mile fun run/walk, where many participants ran the last mile carrying jerrycans full of water. The event included water education stations, food trucks to feed the crowd, and an evening concert featuring Carlos Jones and The Plus Band. We had a great time raising over $60,000 for Drink Local. Drink Tap., Inc.’s projects. The best part is that people are still talking about it today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. When does race registration open?
A. Stay tuned for the schedule.
Q. Where does my registration fee go?
A. Thanks to our sponsors, 100% of your registration fee goes to Drink Local. Drink Tap., Inc.
Q. What is the Guinness World Record you are trying to break?
A. We want to break the record for the largest water balloon toss! Encourage your family and friends to take part in this exciting part of the day! Busted balloons will be used to make art at 4 Miles 4 Water.
Q. Can non-race participants join the Guinness World Record water balloon toss?
A. Yes! A $5 donation is encouraged.
Q. When does the Guinness World Record process begin?
A. Stay tuned for the schedule.
Q. Can I attend the festival or concert even if I am not participating in the run/walk?
A. Yes! There is a suggested minimum $10 donation to support Drink Local. Drink Tap. Inc.
Q. What time is the beer garden open?
A. Stay tuned for schedule.
Q. Where is parking?
A. Once you enter Edgewater Park Lakefront Reservation, greeters will direct you to paved parking lots. Depending on the weather, grass lots may also be utilized for parking.
Fun Facts about the event:
- We are ZERO WASTE and aim to have less than ONE garbage bag of trash; everything will be reduced, reused, recycled or composted.
- Virtual SWAG – To reduce waste, we will provide virtual swag “bags” for participants.
- NO RACE SHIRTS – Since it takes about 700 gallons of water to make 1 cotton shirt, registered participants get a Stainless Steel water bottle.
- EDUCATIONAL components such as: an informative and fun audio file, educational signage, water and sustainability focused vendor booths, and hands on activities (like the end of the race optional Jerrycan or water container carry) will teach everyone more about water everywhere
- AWARDS will be given for the biggest fundraisers, jerrycan carriers and fastest race times. Note: there will not be time chips, only clocks.