HOW FAR WILL YOU GO
3rd Annual 4 Miles 4 Water Saturday, May 7th, 2016
Presented in Partnership with Cleveland Metroparks & Pure Water Technology
We invite you to be a sponsor, a race participant (team or individual) fundraiser, or volunteer.
Our third event at Edgewater Park in Cleveland, Ohio will be more innovative, providing hands-on educational opportunities, and FUN! To preserve our fresh water resources and have a positive impact on the global water crisis, we must create more awareness and reconnect people with the fresh water resources in our own backyard, all of which can be achieved through 4 Miles 4 Water.
In 2014, Drink Local. Drink Tap., Inc. hosted our first 4 Miles 4 Water event in partnership with Cleveland Metro parks and Pure Water Technology. Over 1500 people joined us at Edgewater Park to run, walk, make friends and break a Guinness World Record! The day began with 508 people walking with a water bottle on their head to break the record previously set. This was followed by a 4-mile fun run/walk, where many participants ran the last mile carrying jerrycans full of water. The event included water education stations, food trucks crowd, and an evening concert featuring Carlos Jones and The Plus Band. We had a great time raising over $60,000 for Drink Local. Drink Tap., Inc.’s programs. In 2015, we knocked it out of the park again thanks to YOU and raised $70,000, introduced a virtual running option and made our All Things Water Festival bigger and better!
Download 2016 Sponsor Pack -SOON!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. When does race registration open?
Q. Where does my registration fee go?
A. Thanks to our sponsors, 100% of your registration fee goes to Drink Local. Drink Tap., Inc.
Q. What is the ‘All Things Water Festival’ and is it free?
A. The All Things Water Festival is a fun, interactive, family friendly festival where you can learn about water is fun ways, become a Hydro Hero and participate in a Guinness World Record attempt. Time TBD. Yes, it’s free.
Q. Can I attend the All Things Water Festival or concert even if I am not participating in the run/walk?
A. Yes! There is a suggested $10 donation to support Drink Local. Drink Tap. Inc. for the concert and the festival.
Q. What time is the beer garden open?
Q. Where is parking?
A. Once you enter Edgewater Park Lakefront Reservation, greeters will direct you to paved parking lots. Depending on the weather, grass lots may also be utilized for parking. You can also consider riding your bike, just bring a lock!
Q. Are dogs and baby strollers allowed?
A. Yes. Friendly dogs on leashes and strollers are allowed in both the race and festival. We will have poo bags and water available for your pets.
Presented in Partnership With
Official Craft Beer Sponsor
Official Wine Sponsor
Water Bottle Sponsors
Official Media Sponsor
Social Media Managed by:
Partners:Exhibitors: Food Trucks:
Fun Facts about the event:
- We are ZERO WASTE and aim to have less than ONE garbage bag of trash; everything will be reduced, reused, recycled or composted.
- Virtual SWAG – To reduce waste, we will provide virtual swag “bags” for participants.
- NO RACE SHIRTS – Since it takes about 700 gallons of water to make 1 cotton shirt, registered participants get a Stainless Steel water bottle.
- EDUCATIONAL components such as: educational stations, educational signage, water and sustainability focused vendor booths, and hands on activities (like the end of the race optional Jerrycan or water container carry) will teach everyone more about water everywhere.
- AWARDS will be given for the biggest fundraisers, jerrycan carriers and fastest race times. Note: there will not be time chips, only clocks.