First Report from Africa Trip
REPUBLIC OF BURUNDI – Hello All,
Off to Africa we go to film water in places that are not as rich as we are in America, especially in Northeast Ohio.
While we are away we will be:
1. Meeting the 700 students at St. Charles orphan school.
2. Walking to complete “water chores” with the children DAILY.
3. Organizing the final water committee with the school and community of 2,500 families who will directly benefit from the new water source.
4. Meeting with our in-kind local Ugandan project manager and school headmaster to work out last technical plans.
5. Teaching some classes with St Charles students, taking school portraits, and staying on school grounds to live as the students live.
THE OUTCOME IS:
A full length documentary Waking the World up to Water (connecting CLE Students to St Charles Students)
A sustainable water source which will serve 2,500 families and 700 students at the orphan school
On our crew:
Erin Huber, Director of Drink Local. Drink Tap.
“Making Waves from Cleveland to Uganda” Project Manager
(in Africa July 5-August 7th)- First 2 weeks in Kenya and Tanzania filming water issues and visiting the 2nd largest slum in the WORLD next to Mumbai, India.
Laura Watilo Blake, President of Elbee Studio
Photography Manager for Drink Local. Drink Tap.
(in Africa July 5-August 7th)-First 2 weeks with Erin
Teddy Mwonyonyi, CMSD (CLE) School Teacher at Stokes Central Academy
Translator and African Logistics Manager
(in Uganda July 4-August 7th)
Tom Kondilas, President of LESS Productions
Filming Manager for Drink Local. Drink Tap.
(In Uganda July 18th-August 7th)
Play the video clip to hear Erin and Laura talk about their expectations for the African trip.