(View more photos on Flickr)
Photo by: Laura Watilo-Blake at Elbee Studio
Kibera Slum, Kenya- July 2011
Join us September 9th after returning home from 30 days in a place where people have never flushed a toilet, seen a lake, had a hot shower, or even know what a “tap” is.
Access to safe drinking water is critical for the survival of our human family, yet 1.1 billion people go without. That’s a big number I cannot comprehend-even after all those years of college.
I know I’m not the only one who is unable to grasp that atrocious number, so we scaled it down and studied global water access issues locally, in the village of Mullajji, Uganda. We are telling the story St. Bonaventure/St. Charles orphan school through film, pictures, and a book to bring this big water issue down to the individual level.
To learn more
, join us September 9th for our recap of filming, walking for water with the children, seeing environmental devastation, and a experiencing a culture so rich-they’d all be millionaires if we put a pricetag on it.
We can also answer questions about Matoke, Jerrycons, Boda-bodas, and the site visit that was completed in Mullajji during our stay (thanks to Affinity Consultants, Inc.
in Ohio for lending emergency support.)
Most importantly, September 9th will unveil what needs to occur in the coming months to get these children access to safe water and tell their story as soon as possible.
Loving Water-rich Cleveland,
Erin Huber, Director of DLDT
LOCATION: Battery Park Wine Bar WEBSITE
TIME: 5:30-7:30 (speaking 6-6:30) Friday September 9th
* Donations accepted at door upon entry or exit and silent auction
THANK YOU for raffle items already supplied:
1. Sports Gear and FAN Flair from the Cleveland Indians
2. Pair of earrings from Lesley Watilo ($10)
3. Bead bracelet from Lesley Watilo ($45)
4. 2 original photography prints from Janet Macoska
5. Book of Mormon package from Adam Miller and Carrie Blake
6. 1 framed print by Laura Watilo Blake
7. 1 bottle of 1993 Cabernet signed by Napa Owner Steve Burgess ($130)
8. 1 pair of Foo Fighters Tickets from 106.5FM The Lake
9. 4 Indians tickets from 106.5FM The Lake
10. Cedar point tickets for Halloweekends from 106.5 FM The Lake