DLDT’s 2015 Journey & 2nd Annual Giving Splash Party
Water is the lifeblood of our planet and the people on it. Drink Local. Drink Tap. (DLDT) was founded on this belief. This precious resource connects everything in the world and it knows no boundaries. Erin Huber founded this organization, with the goal to work with water and help educate people, the planet, extinguish inequality, and increase education around water.
“I started DLDT so I could tie all of my passions together and make the world impact that, in my mind, is needed,” Huber said. “Our programming and direct work installing clean water in places where people need it most helps the economy and the wellbeing of planet.”
This year marks DLDT’s 5-year anniversary as an organization and 2nd year being a 501c3 non-profit. Since our conception, we continue to inspire citizens locally and globally to value and protect water as the basic necessity of life.
Locally in Northeast Ohio, Drink Local. Drink Tap:
- Educates area youth through the DLDT “Wavemaker Program” and World Water Day.
- Celebrates a fun, educational, and recreational, fundraiser called 4 Miles 4 Water each spring on the shores of our great Lake Erie.
- Provides educational experiences for businesses and community groups about local and global water issues.
- Hosts documentary screenings, gallery shows, and monthly beach cleanups.
Globally, DLDT provides sustainable, safe water projects to schools in Uganda.
After spending the summer of 2015 in Uganda, we have returned to Ohio to reconnect with our local donors and show them what we’ve been working on.
Our 2nd Annual “Giving Splash Party” is planned for September 26th, 2015, and we hope to see you there!
This party allows our donors to see the impact their support has had around water sovereignty: bringing the world water crisis to the forefront of people’s minds in creative ways, by providing inspiration and ideas for what our followers can do to make positive change.
With your support, we have already accomplished a lot! Since our inception in 2010, we managed to:
- Reach over 7,000 students with our Wavemaker Program. In 2015, alone, we’ve talked to over 1400 students!
- Host 40 beach cleanups around Lake Erie.
- Collect over 3,500 lbs. of trash from the Edgewater Park to keep our lake cleaner.
- Put in thousands of volunteer hours, so the DLDT mission can impact lives and communities around the globe sustainably.
- Engage more than 3,000 people at 4 Miles 4 Water initiatives.
- Participate in over 100 speaking engagements and community events in order to educate people on the importance of this rapidly declining resource.
- Build 9 boreholes, a tap system, an irrigation system, 5 rain-water harvest tanks, and install 32 bio-sand filters for vulnerable villagers in Uganda.
- Produce 3 documentaries (one is still in production) including Waking to Water in 2011 and Making Waves from Cleveland to Uganda in 2014.
- Open two DLDT locations. Our world headquarters in Cleveland and an office in Uganda.
- Establish DLDT as an operational 501c3, making tickets to our events, direct donations, and other support tax deductible to benefit our supporters.
Making Waves from Cleveland to Uganda (26 minutes, 2014)
We have some more exciting plans and initiatives for DLDT in 2015, so be sure to join us at our 2nd Annual Giving Splash Party to get the inside scoop! Details are below:
2nd Annual Giving Splash Party
Saturday, September 26, 2015
5:00 to 10:00 p.m.
Rising Star Coffee Roasters
Join us at the ‘New Roastery’ located at:
3619 Walton Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44113
Shorter program, extended friend-raising time
Wine and Beer
Special Coffee and Desserts
NEW sponsorship and donation opportunities
NEW LOGO launch!
SCHEDULE & PRICES
5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. – Pre-Party with Chef and Private Coffee Tasting Experience
$150 per person, limit 20 tickets
Includes admission to Annual Giving Splash Party immediately following.
6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. – Annual Giving Splash Party
$75 per person, limit 100 tickets
Includes heavy appetizers, beer and wine.
Tickets can be purchased online via the PayPal link below. You can also call us at 440-381-6430 or email us at info@DrinkLocalDrinkTap.org to find out more.
Half of each ticket sale is tax-deductible and benefits Drink Local. Drink tap., Inc.’s programming locally and globally!
Come and join the DLDT team, supporters, and special guests for a night of fun and learning about our work and impact in the local and global community. Guests will also get a sneak peak of our new plans for 2015 and will witness the unveiling of our new DLDT brand.
Last year, we had a blast! Will you join us?