Generally speaking, Drink Local. Drink Tap., Inc. does not take a political stance on issues. Keeping with that tradition, we are not writing this to sway political support. However, due to recent actions being taken, we are compelled to shed light on those that threaten our water and education about water in the U.S. and around the world. Below are links to articles you may find interesting if you feel that protecting our water and our environment is a priority and not an option.
- Appointed a “climate change skeptic” to lead the EPA
- Froze EPA funding
- Reversed Obama-era congressional acts that protect land and water
- Pushing for privatization of public infrastructures (like water and sewer)
- Expediting the permit process of potentially environmentally hazardous development
- Asked for a list of “climate change workers” from the DOE without saying why
We are concerned and think you should be too.
How you can help:
- Please contact your elected representative and tell him/her how you feel about the actions being taken by the new administration.
- Visit the Countable website and download the app to be notified about proposed legislation relating to topics you have interest in.
- Talk to friends and family about the seriousness of these actions and encourage them to take action too
- Follow news and reports from credible sources like the Environmental Defense Center, Union of Concerned Scientists, and Environmental Working Group
Water belongs to all of us and we all have a right to it. When one person’s access is threatened, everyone’s access is threatened.