#GivingTuesday is a special day to reflect on non-profit organizations making a difference and give what you can to support their mission. At Drink Local Drink Tap, we are excited to kick off 10 days of giving sharing both accomplishments and goals with you!
Over the last 10 years, we’ve done some incredible things together, like bringing clean water to 30,000 people, like cleaning up over 10,000 pounds of trash from Lake Erie’s shores. This not only happens when you roll up your sleeves and give your time, but when you give your treasure too.
In 2020, we were all affected in different ways. At DLDT, we had to ensure we kept delivering clean water, toilets and soap in Uganda- and- education, engagement and equity work here in the United States. Though we lost almost half of our funding due to COVID-19, many of you stepped up to keep our mission moving- thank you.
On #GivingTuesday, I encourage all of us to support the non-profits we love because our work doesn’t stop. I hope you’ll consider a gift of any size on #GivingTuesday or in December to support our Annual Fund to support all of our work near and far. Need inspiration?
Learn about DLDT – watch Be the Drop! (3 min)
Watch Sara Shookman, WKYC-Channel 3 Cleveland feature Erin Huber, Executive Director and Founder of Drink Local Drink Tap November 25th, 2020 on supporting DLDT on #GivingTuesday
10 Reasons to Give
- We improve water equity locally by serving with Greater Cleveland Water Equity Partners
- We build long-lasting water sources with communities who walk 4 miles a day to collect water
- We ensure students and women have safe places to go to the toilet
- We clean our beaches
- We offer rich educational programming to 4th-8th grade youth
- We have a 100% success rate in building water sources/projects (not like the 20% worldwide)
- We educate the public about our top water issues and provide ways to improve them
- We care about women and girls having safe places to practice good hygiene
- We prioritize quality over quantity in all of our work
- We help people realize their potential to create change!